Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I want to sell my Ithaca M-37 20 ga., because I can not swing the shotgun properly with my injured shoulders. It was made 1976, the stock has a boiled Linseed Oil finish which I did, and is in 98% condition.....except for the magazine tube, which has bluing lose on the right side only, from years of hunting and recreational use. Should I Cold Blue the magazkne tube??? The shotgun is in 98% condition otherwise. 馃槒

The gun shop the I would sell it to, has a similar Ithaca M-37 that looks pretty beat up, but the magazine tube has been reblued. They want $478 for it. o_O Mine is in much better condition, except for the magazine tube. Should I Cold Blue it, or leave it as is? Bob

Premium Member
I tried Berch Casey blue on my old JC Higgins tube , it covered thin and didn't take much to rub it off

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
The Birchwood Casey Cold Bluing was what I was thinking of anyway. I guess not, if it doesn't work good. re there any alternatives??? Bob

Super Moderator
Bob, sell it here. For an Ithaca that old in 98% condition, it should be an easy sell. Price it according to what you feel it's worth.
I would not attempt to refinish it. Leave it the way it is, and let the new owner do as they please with it.

Reactions: Bob K

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Greg, That is a good idea, but what should I do about packaging and shipping the darned thing? I don't have any idea what it's actually worth, but, based on what I've seen on-line,Auction sites, I would guess $450, but I've already did the refinish when I first got it, and shortened the LOP with Recil pad to 12 1/2" (stock is 14"), for my short arms. So it's not completely stock. It really helped my shooting a lot!!!!

I will work on getting it up in the Classified with pictures. Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts