Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 4" 629-1 looks to be fired very little with Hogue grip, no box no papers.

What would be a reasonable price for one right now.

I had my mind set on a Mountain Gun but can't find one.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
4" 629's without the keylock are demand items.... the Hogues don't help the price any as S&W wood targets are correct for the gun and to replace them is going to cost $50 or more for a good set ..... 'No Dash' Pinned and Recessed guns bring the most money, but I wouldn't be suprised to see a 4" -1 with incorrect grips with a pricetag of $475. Selling price may be somewhat lower however.

Drew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is $499 and for this gun I don't care about original because it would be a woods gun.

I'm trying to keep all my 29-2s and 29 Classic in perfect shape and not in a holster.

I thought about a Redhawk 4" SS but everything Ruger seems to rub me the wrong way except my Old Model Blackhawks.

I'll keep searching for a Moutain Gun I guess.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If I were in the market for one, I would jump in an instant on a 4" 629-1 at $475. To me, that is a very decent price. As for a mountain gun, let me tell you, you won't like shooting it with .44 mag ammo!! I shoot mine with only 44 specials, and save the mag loads for the heavier barreled 4" 629s.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Any price $500.00 or under is a pretty good deal for a 629-1 in the condition you describe. If you have your heart set on a Mountain Gun you probably won't be satisfied with anything else though.
Bob

·
Registered
21,208 Posts
For a woods carry gun, I wouldn't get anything special......just a rugged, dependable, good shooter! The Ruger guns come to mind. A SS Redhawk or Super Blackhawk in .44 mag would be a welcome addition to my collection!!!! ;) I use the S&W's that I own, in .38 spl. and .357mag. ;) Bob

·
Administrator
8,453 Posts
I agree that a 629-1 with a 4" barrel would be a good one..

The price is right too.

I think I'd go for it.. If you wait until you find a Mountain Gun, you may do without for a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts