Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not, I traded a Python for this revolver. BUT, the Python was in poor condition and needed factory work.
This revolver has the 3 T's and remains unfired. It came in a S&W wood box which I am sure, was not original. Big Larry

K22 8  inch.jpg

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
Unfired, so you have no idea if it works or needs factory work like the Python?!?!

Just kidding, enjoy it!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
8 3/8 " bbl.
It works fine. A friend took it apart and cleaned near 50 years of dried cleaner and oil out of it. I have two Pythons from the early 70's and have never had a problem with them. I have so many 22's, I may never get around to shooting this one. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Well, shoot it or not, that’s one fine looking piece! The green -eyed monster is chewing on me! Hank

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, shoot it or not, that’s one fine looking piece! The green -eyed monster is chewing on me! Hank
Thanks. it has been fired and I may just fire it again. Needs to cool down here though. Not a fan of the heat at this stage of my life. I have a private range that I shoot at. Maybe soon. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, 45 ACP 230 I have a good supply of that type ammo. I own a Thompson SMG. Big Larry

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Never fired one, but handled a couple. Was surprised at the weight! From watching the various characters in the movies, I thought they’d be lighter. An old Marine from my part of Virginia was said to be quite accomplished with the Thompson. Lewis B. Puller.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
He was my two Uncles Commanding officer in WW2. Dad and three Uncles were WW2 USMC.
They are very heavy. Surprised me too when I got this subgun in 2000. All the excitement of shooting it has worn off. I just take it out when I have friends visit. Big Larry
Thompson 006.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts