Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,959 Posts
Unfired, so you have no idea if it works or needs factory work like the Python?!?!

Just kidding, enjoy it!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8 3/8 " bbl.
It works fine. A friend took it apart and cleaned near 50 years of dried cleaner and oil out of it. I have two Pythons from the early 70's and have never had a problem with them. I have so many 22's, I may never get around to shooting this one. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, shoot it or not, that’s one fine looking piece! The green -eyed monster is chewing on me! Hank
Thanks. it has been fired and I may just fire it again. Needs to cool down here though. Not a fan of the heat at this stage of my life. I have a private range that I shoot at. Maybe soon. Thanks, Big Larry

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Never fired one, but handled a couple. Was surprised at the weight! From watching the various characters in the movies, I thought they’d be lighter. An old Marine from my part of Virginia was said to be quite accomplished with the Thompson. Lewis B. Puller.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He was my two Uncles Commanding officer in WW2. Dad and three Uncles were WW2 USMC.
They are very heavy. Surprised me too when I got this subgun in 2000. All the excitement of shooting it has worn off. I just take it out when I have friends visit. Big Larry
Gun Firearm Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.