Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made it through the mud yesterday to try out my three year end purchases. Cleaned and lubed all 3 before I left and had no problems with any of the pistols.
Kel Tec PMR is a blast to shoot (pun mostly intended). No recoil but it is loud and you get a mini ball of flame with each shot. Yesterday was totally overcast and the firing points are covered, so that exaggerated thing some. Fire off 4 or 5 quickly and you get a small amount of after image like the old flashbulbs. Functioning was perfect ( I did not load more than 10 rounds at a time though) and accuracy seemed good. Very fun to shoot with a surprisingly good trigger. I see this one costing me a lot in ammo $$.
The Sig 229 trigger really is outstanding in both modes. Chewed the center out of targets at 12 yards like I could shoot. Shot a little left, which I tend to do when I hurry, but then noticed the rear sight has been drifted left. Need to get the brass punch out I guess. Also noticed one of the mags was made in Germany. Other two are Meg gar. Probably go ahead and order the .357 barrel.
The Smith 1911 just makes me smile when I pull it out of the case. Trigger is a little heavier (5#) than I would like, but crisp and may smooth up some with use. Shoots like any other nice 1911, which is definitely a good thing.
Vey happy with my spending spree.

·
Registered
22,209 Posts
Great shooting! Glad all the new additions to the stable performed well for you. Thanks for the range report!:cool:

Reactions: jeepnut and Boriqua

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast!! Three new guns to play with at once!! Awesome

Is the 229 the newer E2 model. I had a 229 elite ages ago .. I had to sell it because damn grip was waaaayyyy to large for me but I am seeing some interesting prices on 229 E2 refurbished.

·
Registered
17,528 Posts
Glad everything functioned as it should and you had a good time. Have to agree the PMR 30 is a "Blast" and the only downside is how fast a box of ammo disappears.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right on the money Rodney. At $10 - 12.00 per box it will be expensive, but fun.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is an older model. Based on appearances, it was not shot a lot. I have .40 and .357 Sig ammo, so I plan to change that. Grip is right on the edge for me, but feels good. Handled one last month that had some kind of soft rubber panels and it was definitely too large.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts