Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being Saturday and 20th Year since 9/11 decided #2 grandson and I would go shooting and test some loads. First, Grandson wants to start shooting steel shoots and so started him shooting the pistol and rifle and safety requirements. We will practice this year and he will start competition next year. He did make Swiss cheese of the targets but needs to get more familiar with guns. He will get there.
I had loaded in 38 special, 148 Gr DEWC lead wadcutters; one under 3.1 grains Titegroup and same bullet under 3.5 grains HP-38. Also a 170 gr 38 special LSWC under 3.4 gr Titegroup. Used the newly traded for Ruger Blackhawk and my new addition 15-4. The Titegroup and HP-38 were very close in performance and will load more of these. the 170gr was very good with the Titegroup. All the guns used were exceptional.
Next was a 255 gr LRFN 45 Colt under 7.5 Gr Universal. This one really impressed me. Msharley was right on this one as using the Henry Carbine it was really fun and accurate. Will be loading lot more of this. Used the newly traded for Blackhawk for the revolver. Overall fun times and some good results from my reloads.
Henry Carbine at 25 yards, (and must say glasses kept fogging up for handicap) 45 Colt 255 with 7.5 gr Universal
Font Art Circle Symbol Illustration

38 Sp Wadcutter with 3.5 gr HP-38
Paint Circle Gas Font Auto part

170 gr under 3.4 gr Titegroup in 15-4 fast fire.

Art Headgear Circle Font Space

·
Banned
9,646 Posts
Hey Jeep,

Looks like you and Grandson #2 had a .............BLAST!!

Wait until you put a Skinner Sight on the Henry.....

Later, Mark

·
Registered
29,006 Posts
Great range report. Always a good time when you can include family and friends.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Good memories for sure! Nothing better!!! My 16 yr old granddaughter Just said 2 days ago that she wants to go to the range and shoot. It's been quite a while since we were out!!! Looking forward to taking her again, she had a great time then!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts