Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had picked two new guns and wanted to try them at the range. A Ruger Blackhawk with the Ghost Ring sight and the new Cimmaron 1911A1 in Nickel. Started with the Blackhawk at 25 Yards. The Blackhawk had an issue with the Aguilla Cowboy Loads as they would not fit in the cylinder right and jam up cylinder. This was shooting it when picked it up. Polished the cylinder face a little and measured square and even. Took an older Blawkhawk with me and it also jammed on the Aguilla ammo. So bad box of ammo. Did try Fiocchi, Remington, Winchester, and some hand loads and all worked perfect. So first target is Ghost ring at 25 Yards. Rest were just trying to see if problems were with gun or ammo. Glad turned out to be ammo.
The Nickel Cimmaron 1911A1 did function flawlessly and as had read has an opened throat to the barrel and shot the 200 Grain SWC flawlessly as it did every thing else. The second target is the 200 Gr SWC at 10 yards. I tried to do a faster cycle for the magazines to see how the point and shoot worked. I was impressed as recoil was not bad and easy to get realigned. Overall very nice range trip and impressed with the 1911A1 reproduction.

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Hey Jeep,

Fun times in .45!

Shame about the bum ammo?

Later, Mark

·
Registered
10,166 Posts
Hey Jeep,

A while back, W-W had a recall on .460 S&W ammo.

BiL has one (Anniversary Present from his BRIDE, what a wonderful WOMAN!)

Seemed it took a bit, as W-W was a bit "slow" on sending out the "pre paid shipping label"?

He did get a voucher for the couple boxes of ammo he had.....Just took a bit...

Later, Mark

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
Looks like and excellent outing at the range. Some nice shooting. Glad the firearms functioned well. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
7,886 Posts
I had picked two new guns and wanted to try them at the range. A Ruger Blackhawk with the Ghost Ring sight and the new Cimmaron 1911A1 in Nickel. Started with the Blackhawk at 25 Yards. The Blackhawk had an issue with the Aguilla Cowboy Loads as they would not fit in the cylinder right and jam up cylinder. This was shooting it when picked it up. Polished the cylinder face a little and measured square and even. Took an older Blawkhawk with me and it also jammed on the Aguilla ammo. So bad box of ammo. Did try Fiocchi, Remington, Winchester, and some hand loads and all worked perfect. So first target is Ghost ring at 25 Yards. Rest were just trying to see if problems were with gun or ammo. Glad turned out to be ammo.
The Nickel Cimmaron 1911A1 did function flawlessly and as had read has an opened throat to the barrel and shot the 200 Grain SWC flawlessly as it did every thing else. The second target is the 200 Gr SWC at 10 yards. I tried to do a faster cycle for the magazines to see how the point and shoot worked. I was impressed as recoil was not bad and easy to get realigned. Overall very nice range trip and impressed with the 1911A1 reproduction.
View attachment 495198

View attachment 495199
WOW Good Shoot'n Pard...! 🇺🇲 🤠

1 - 9 of 9 Posts