Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Please tell your wife that she will shoot much more accurately and naturally if she BENDS FORWARD FROM THE HIPS, leaning into the shot - and not way backward with her back arched like that.

I have coached a LOT of women shooters over the years and It is truly amazing how much difference that makes.

Best wish from Granny!

·
Registered
15,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please tell your wife that she will shoot much more accurately and naturally if she BENDS FORWARD FROM THE HIPS, leaning into the shot - and not way backward with her back arched like that.

View attachment 482981

I have coached a LOT of women shooters over the years and It is truly amazing how much difference that makes.

Best wish from Granny!
Yep, I've told her that a dozen times. We worked on a good grip today. She is left handed , but blind in her left eye so that presents a few challenges. I keep telling her to move the gun to in front of her eye, instead of moving her head to where the gun is. She is fairly stubborn and even though I can stand there and shoot 10 bullseyes she tends to act like I don't know what I am doing. YOU could probably tell her the same things and she would listen

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
If she shoots groups like that from her blind eye and standing that way, then I don't see a real problem. Start messing her up, and will she shoot better or worse?

We all understand why best practices are supposed to improve our skills. What we never consider are the oddballs, and what works best for them. I had an instructor "mention" that I tend to hunch over rather than leaning forward. I threw a word at him he never heard - scoliosis (look it up).

The important thing is that we hit the center of the target, less so how we do it.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
If she shoots groups like that from her blind eye and standing that way, then I don't see a real problem. Start messing her up, and will she shoot better or worse?.....

The important thing is that we hit the center of the target, less so how we do it.
I think that picture was Jonesy's target.

·
Registered
10,573 Posts
I think that picture was Jonesy's target.
My bad for skimming.

Yep, that was mine with the 617. She was hitting an 8" steel plate with 8 out of 10 at 25' though
Still not bad.

Looks like you two had a good time jonesy!! Always good to get your wife out there and have some fun!!!
I never go without the wife. It's our together hobby.

But gun cleaning I do alone. I should probably rethink that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts