Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took out my Ruger AR556 with the new LaRue MBT trigger and boy it felt good.
Shot a group of a factory load and a group with hand loads developed for my Bushy V Match.
Group on the left is the handload loads 52 gr bullet
8 shot group measuring .921” not counting the flyer.....
Group on right is a 6 shot group using 55gr Geco factory Ammo 55 gr bullet measuring .710 not counting flyer....
Those flyers always haunt me ....
Very satisfied.... I will try to develop a load using other bullet weights....as I would like to get rifle set up for Varmint/Predator hunting.......

·
Registered
15,299 Posts
Good shooting guys! That new trigger must help some. I know mine is...average....I had my M&P Sport out last week. I have a red dot mounted on it. Shooting at a 10" steel plate at 70 yards or so and the dot about covered the plate, but not quite. It was really sunny so I had the dot turned up which makes it bigger. someday I would like a scope on mine.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Looks like you have a good handload with that 52 grain bullet. Both the Nosler and Sierra in that weight are the most accurate in all of my .223 rifles One flyer in a 8 round group is not bad at all. Last time out with my Remington VSSF and XR 100 in .223, I had a few 5 shot groups easily under 1/2 inch at 100 yards with one shooter error that messed up the group. Need to concentrate more.

·
Registered
29,964 Posts
Excellent shooting folks. Was out with Jonesy getting the cob webs off the AR. As he said we shot pretty well for not having them out for over a year and a half. Thanks for the range report.

Reactions: paulwv
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.