Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the scope mounted on my Ruger AR 556 and some reloads to test. Buddy and I took out our M1's out to shoot steel as well. We had a great day.

We were shooting our M1's at steel plates put at 300yds. shooting off sandbags and in the sitting position

IMG_3761.jpg

Tested couple reloads out of my new Ruger AR. Best reloads were H332 powder with the 55gr Sierra BTSP

IMG_3751 (1).jpg

IMG_3763.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

Great accuracy potential out of this rifle. Definately going to put a much better trigger in it. Probably the triggers Ruger put in their 556 MPR.......

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,374 Posts
Paul,
One of my favorite AR triggers is the Rise Armament RA-140. It's available for around $100, and sometimes even less. They have a 3.5# single stage trigger with little to no creep, and no stacking that I can feel. Been shooting with them for around 5 years. Most of my AR's have them, and I like it as well or better than the Geissele SSA-e trigger in my custom built AR.
Rise makes a few different triggers with different trigger shapes as well. You may be able to find the one that's perfect for you on sale pretty easily. Make sure you get the anti-walk pins as well. regular trigger pins will walk out pretty quickly during a shooting session.

https://www.risearmament.com/index.php?_route_=RA-140-AWP

RA-140 with anti-walk pins.png

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Looks like you and your friend had a great time at the range. Gotta get my AR15 out for some needed exercise. Thanks for the range report and pics.:cool:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Paul,

REAL FUN TIMES!!

Only a little bit jealous! :D

Keep up the good work!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Curt360 and paulwv
1 - 9 of 9 Posts