Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got to go to the range twice this week which was AWESOME!

I took out the Ruger match 10mm on Friday and shot 150 rounds and ..yup .. still a keeper. Very very sweet revolver. I had the 686 with me but was trying the wolf spring setup which was a fail so I didnt get to shoot it. I started a conversation with the guy next to me and we chatted at length about reloading and I got to try his Ruger Match in 357 and he ran a cylinder of 10 mm from my gun. Was an awesome day and reminded me why I like shooting so much.

Got home and put back in my factory spring .. now like ***** suggested I had polished the back, bottom and spring channel of the rebound slide and did a touch on the frame.

Saturday the wife and I went out and She brought her Ruger 3" and I brought the 686 and my CZ p10c that barely gets any love.
Man me and that 686 were on fire. I only shoot unsupported in DA as that is what the gun is intended for. Its a carry and it spends a good deal of time on my belt.

I like to start out with the target that has a variety of shapes on it. Triangles squares and circles. First couple of groups at 8 yds was about 3 inches around but then I went 5 shapes with a couple cylinders each making a hole about the size of the OK sign when you make a circle with your thumb and index finger. Whew .. best I ever shot it. I was getting cocky and I will admit I was digging the looks from my lane mates!! :)

I dont stage but on those groups I did "aim" .. meaning a spent a touch of time between shots.

After 100 rounds or so at 8 yds shooting for groups in double action I figured it was time for a new challenge and sent the target out to about 12 yds and decided to see what I can do at speed. The target below is 28 rounds. I would start from a low ready not looking at the target ,, Come up and fire release repeat with no break in between .. just trusting that the sights fell back on target when my trigger was let out and pull the trigger again. This was a mix of my .357 loads with 6.9 grains of HP38 and 2 cylinders of Remington HTP 158 gr soft points.

Man oh man you had to see the reactions when you let off a fast stream of that HTP!!!!!

So the target represents about as fast as i would shoot a revolver in a self defense situation with .357 ammo... Ill take it?

686 rapid.jpg

After a day of 10mm and a day of 357 .. Shooting my p10c was like shooting a cork gun. I will say it again .. that P10c is MY FAVORITE plastic 9 ever and I have had a bunch. Just a gee whiz fun to shoot gun and if you cant be accurate and fast with it .. you should think about sharpened sticks. Its a gun that always puts a smile on my face. Its so easy to shoot well I dont shot it often.

The wife was killing it with the ruger gp and her first 2 groups at about 6 yds were about 2in. I had to stop her because her first 5 cylinders were great then it started to go all over. She will beat at it which I think degrades practice and .. being the official maker of ammo .. I dont need to replace ammo that isnt being useful to practice. She was shooting 158 gr bullets over 4.5 gr of HP38 with is my standard 38 practice round.

She did go over to the P10c though and was putting holes in holes ... Man I love goin out shooting.

·
Registered
27,107 Posts
Nice shooting and it's great that you and your wife spent time together at the range. Thanks for the great range report.:)

Reactions: jeepnut and Boriqua

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
A great day at the range as is usual. Looking at your target, and I will say like I told Grandson, those are all body mass shots and will go a long way to stopping the aggressor. Range time time is always great and awesome.

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A great day at the range as is usual. Looking at your target, and I will say like I told Grandson, those are all body mass shots and will go a long way to stopping the aggressor. Range time time is always great and awesome.
I figure if I can let loose 7 rounds of Remington 158 gr 357 HTP as fast as I can pull the trigger and hit the red rectangle at 12 yds ..

well if I do that and the adversary is still standing .. I will gently lay my gun on the floor, bow in a reverent way and await my end!! LOL :D

Of course it may be a yeti but .. still .. 7 rounds of that ammo center mass in under 7 seconds ought to take down a simple yeti .. No?!

rudolph-red-nosed-reindeer4.jpg

Cant wait to get out again!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts