Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S&W 686 3.jpg These were with the 4" from a bench rest at 15 yards before adjusting the sights
S&W 686 5.jpg These were with the 4", free hand at 10 yards before final sight adjustment (couple of flyers)
S&W 686 4.jpg These are from the 2.5" free hand at 10 yards after sight adjustment

Both guns shoot better than I am able, but I am happy and had a great time.

·
Premium Member
10,809 Posts
These S&W L frame revolvers are as good as it gets.

With training, you should become more comfortable shooting these revolvers. Consider some of the NRA classes if you can find them offered by someone experienced in coaching shooters. A few observations and concise pointers can make quite a bit of difference.

We can always shoot better. It's just refinement based on proper training and practice.

Reactions: Curt360 and jeepnut

·
Registered
9,560 Posts
I train and practice..... My eyes along with 2 shoulders that are bone on bone all hold me back.... but I shoot ok for self defense....!
That's really all that counts, shooting for self defense. All my shooting is done that way now and I don't worry about group size, fist size groups at 10 yards is perfect and all shooting is done off hand.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There is nothing at all wrong with your 10 yard offhand group from a 2-1/2” barrel gun! Looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
22,230 Posts
Great range report with some fine revolvers. Despite the "issues" you describe you will improve with practice. Glad you had fun with the 686's and thanks for the pics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts