Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son finally got transferred back to this area. Hadn't got to go shoot with him in about 3 years. He came by yesterday with a new Sig. We took it and some I needed to test out to the range this am.
I'd put a different scope on my 23-D Savage Sporter. This rifle was made in the 20s. It's a 22 hornet with a v-22
Weaver scope. This scope is 7/8in adjustable up to 6 power. It's in an Echo mount from the mid 20s. I fired this group at 25 yds to check the zero. I'd swapped out scopes a while back and had really forgotten how it shot.
Think I'm through messing with adjustments.
Cliff image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Come on everyone knows you have to have at least a 30mm scope with 24 power to shoot like that LOL... Cool looking old Savage and it is obviously accurate in the hands of a good shot. Glad you got to hook up with your soon too.

·
Registered
19,668 Posts
That's some fine shooting with a great old rifle-n-scope. Things look dialed in and should take out any varmint that's a problem.:cool:

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That Ruger is very nice. One of these days I'd like to find one of these Savages in 25-20. I've got the 22, the 32-20, and the hornet.
Cliff

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
My son finally got transferred back to this area. Hadn't got to go shoot with him in about 3 years. He came by yesterday with a new Sig. We took it and some I needed to test out to the range this am.
I'd put a different scope on my 23-D Savage Sporter. This rifle was made in the 20s. It's a 22 hornet with a v-22
Weaver scope. This scope is 7/8in adjustable up to 6 power. It's in an Echo mount from the mid 20s. I fired this group at 25 yds to check the zero. I'd swapped out scopes a while back and had really forgotten how it shot.
Think I'm through messing with adjustments.
Cliff View attachment 411859 View attachment 411863 View attachment 411865
Absolutely awesome shooting.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts