Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It finally stopped raining for 2 straight days, but the pistol range still has standing water in most parts, so I took a couple of revolvers out yesterday and left the brass throwing things at home. Decided to mostly work on double action shooting and boy to I need to practice! Took my 4" 66 and 5" 686 with .38 special and a few .357 rounds. At 12 yards, firing quick, but certainly not fast, I kept almost everything in the 8 ring on a reduced size silhouette target, but no one would confuse the results with tight groups. Eight " round bullseye target was fairly easy if I slowed down enough between shots to get a good sight picture. Lot of fun anyway. One load I was using comes from a commercial loader (Georgia Arms) and they use a very hard 125 grain LRNFP style bullet at 750FPS. Very mild load with no leading and good accuracy when I prop up on something and bear down. Finished cleaning today, so I am ready for another visit if the sun comes out one day next week.
66-2  001.jpg 686-5inch -002.jpg

·
Registered
21,976 Posts
Glad you had a good day at the range and that you brought some great revolvers out for some exercise. Thanks for the range report and pics.:cool:

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Two very sexy guns to take out!! sounds like you had fun and it sounds like some fine shooting. Mine are still filthy from my last visit so you are a better man than I am getting them clean so soon after shooting!!!!

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Hey Mac,

Way Koool! :cool:

Quite the "Perfecta" you have there! :cool:

Later, Mark

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
nice looking American Iron mate...

thewelshm

·
Registered
12,612 Posts
Great looking pair of revolvers. Instead of rain, we have had snow the past couple of days.....probably about 6-7 inches. It is supposed to almost 40 on Sunday afternoon, but there will still be plenty of snow on the ground. Might try to get out anyways

·
Registered
17,444 Posts
Very nice pair of Smiths to get you both some exercise. Hope rain holds off too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts