Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had the opportunity to introduce a lady to handguns. We talked safety for a while, with demonstrations and some hands-on. She shot my K22 , but didn’t try any of the .38 Spec. One step at a time! She liked the Airweights because they were easier to handle. I explained the difficulty in shooting them. We’ll work up to that. I got a little time after she left . A picture of the table, and a target I shot DAO with the Mod 37.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Sounds like fun! Good on you that you didn't jam an airwieght in her hand and make her hate shooting!!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! She had a fellow years ago give her a .44 Mag. Not one of her fondest memories. We’ll work with .22 LR for a while. She told my wife she had fun. That and the safety information were today’s goal. She’s thinking of purchasing a house gun, not a carry gun at this point. We talked for a while about about mental conditioning as well as learning and improving Her skills. This will be an interesting journey. Hank

·
Registered
22,096 Posts
Great range report. Always good to educate and familiarise people to the fundamentals of gun safety. Sounds like fun was had by all.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, Curt. I have been “ teaching” people, most female, for a couple of decades. Often the mothers of my sons’ friends. Now , older people who have begun to realize how vulnerable they are in a house/apartment by themselves. I try to introduce them to shooting as a pleasure and ease into other thoughts they may have. I think mental preparation is as important as the development of muscle memory. And I don’t want people to have unrealistic expectations. Hank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts