Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1951 era Combat Masterpiece I bought around 15 years ago. It was the competition gun for two Delaware cops that matched their duty revolvers.

There's a "R" on the frame where the serial number would go on a numbered model S&W like the Model 15 that replaced it. I'm assuming it means it was refinished at the factory? Or rebarreled? Most of the gun's finish is gone, but it's fairly even wear.

I know, I know, the grips have tape on them. It's a Farrar with a split in the front. They're my favorites and they'll stay on the gun until I can find a replacement set.

Thanks and I love the forum!
1 - 3 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.