1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Number K6770xx (made in 1964?) and a (Model 10 ?) Yes/No
I thought most CTG were 6" and not 4"? yes/no
Approximate value for insurance?
It's interesting how much better it looks in person than in a picture in the sun light!
Thank YOU!!
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Welcome! You have a model 15, you can tell because of the adjustable rear sight. Model 10s were fixed sights. if you open the cylinder and look under the crane it should have the exact model # (15-1, 15-2, etc). CTG just means cartridge so 38 special CTG or 44 CTG. Model 15s are pretty much all 4” except for a few rare examples. There’s many different models produced in many different lengths the most common being 4” and 6”. Longer barrels were more popular back in the day. The grips aren’t original to that gun and while I understand the lightning can greatly effect appearance in a photo the guns probably worth about 400 bucks. Some might tell you more some less. Going off the serial I’d say made in 1966 and is most likely a 15-2. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
15,311 Posts
Hi, and welcome.The abbreviation, CTG stands for cartridge and has nothing to do with the guns name or model number. It looks to me like you have a model 15, Combat Masterpiece. Can't quite make it out but in your last picture, with the cylinder open I can see where it says MOD. Is there a 15 or 15-1 stamped there? The grips lack a diamond around the screw and have a speedloader cut out so they are from the late 70's or the 80's probably. I dont have my book handy to verify the ship date

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! You have a model 15, you can tell because of the adjustable rear sight. Model 10s were fixed sights. if you open the cylinder and look under the crane it should have the exact model # (15-1, 15-2, etc). CTG just means cartridge so 38 special CTG or 44 CTG. Model 15s are pretty much all 4” except for a few rare examples. There’s many different models produced in many different lengths the most common being 4” and 6”. Longer barrels were more popular back in the day. The grips aren’t original to that gun and while I understand the lightning can greatly effect appearance in a photo the guns probably worth about 400 bucks. Some might tell you more some less. Going off the serial I’d say made in 1966 and is most likely a 15-2. Hope this helps.
There's this
XOD or XOO
15-2

Then on the crane
C4

·
Registered
214 Posts
The random numbers and letters are assembly numbers, it’s so the factory can keep all the right parts together. If I were you and you plan on keeping the gun I’d get some magna grips for it, more than likely that is what they shipped with. They’re pretty inexpensive on eBay and I like the way they look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts