Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Me, if it's for the weekend coming up, No. But for long term ammo can storage, sure. But then, that's just me. Any scientific basis for my decision? I'm sure there is but I don't know beyond being a prudent thing to do. EXCEPT if the individual is really paranoid and doesn't want to leave any fingerprints on the casing. (Yes, I watch too much NCIS, FBI and all those similar programs.) BTW: I do load a lot of stripper clips for .223/5.56 and 308/7.56. I hate the idea of loose rounds rattling around an ammo can.

Reactions: Charlie686

·
Premium Member
13,651 Posts
When I handle components, reload ammo and work with it prior to storage, I always wear gloves. I also wear an eye protection shield while reloading.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Full hazmat gear is the only way to go. Also, never touch your gun or other metal objects with bare hands. Wash your hands hourly. Completely sterilize your room after any cough, sneeze, or fart.
You can read all the posts from folks who touched a case and came back a year later to an eroded case with powder pouring out. It has been an ignored crisis of the shooting world. Glad someone has noticed.

·
Registered
19,342 Posts
i always wear gloves to put ammo in my gun and speed loaders < Oil from skin won't hurt the Ammo ! I don't want any fingerprints or DNA ...

LOL
I have none. Were surgically removed years ago :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just laugh at idea of wearing gloves to touch ammo. Just felt if gloves were required, one should go all the way.
Certainly, if you need gloves to touch brass cases, you certainly never touch your gun with bare hands.
Maybe inspect and polish cases every month or so?
Absurdity should be addressed with absurdity.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.