Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day to all,

Last year I have purchased a 625-2 Model of 1988, in .45 ACP. It's a great firearm and very uncommon in the Netherlands where I live. Mostly seen here are 686's and 629's. Also most people prefer semi auto's in 9mm.
I took the gun apart for cleaning and installing an oversized hand. After removal of the old style rear sight I noticed drilled holes in the top of the frame.

The front is for the sight itself, but the other two are likely for a mount. Question is, how does this compare to your own firearm, are the holes drilled in the right place, and what would be the right mount to fit? It also looks like one of the holes is off-centre a bit. So it must have been done by a pro..
View attachment 360345
20190217_104854.jpg

Thank you very much in advance.

Mathijs
Groningen city
The Netherlands

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
After 1994 build date S&W started drilling/tapping the top strap on most K frame and larger revolvers.Yours was done after the factory..by a "pro". Nice looking gun..I'll bet it's a joy to shoot! The mounts are all over eBay.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
625/M 25........

Hey M,

Welcome to :bluelogo:

Way to go! Pics of great looking 625........on first post!! :D

Think that to be "the way they made ............ some of them"....for a "Weaver Style Mount"...

Later, Mark

Attachments

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
The factory began drilling and tapping the Frames shortly after your gun was made. Guns with the new style rear sight with the round front are factory drilled. Your gun was done afterward. The least costly base to try is the Weaver 401 mount. Leupold also has a base and rings that works well if you want to mount a scope. Then there are bases available for the small red dot sights from Allchin and a few others. It looks like your gun was drilled in the standard pattern.

·
Registered
24,320 Posts
My 625 is newer and is all set form the factory to add a sight/scope when I choose to do so. Thanks for sharing the pics of yours.:)

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Premium Member
19,116 Posts
welcome01 to the forums from the Wiregrass! Nice gun! I particularly like the stocks on it.

Reactions: Curt360

·
Super Moderator
33,312 Posts
Welcome to the forum! welcome01

You have a fine looking Smith there!

·
Registered
9,462 Posts
Greetings mate

Thewelshm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts