Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As an end of the year blessing I got to do a last minute , two Winchester , pawn shop rescue . Like it was my choice ,,,, this dealer just knows how to pull my strings. Yeah I'm the victim here ,,,OK ? nbhaof
Anyway , my question. I'm betting many here know much more about the Winnies than I do and certainly more about the special runs .
So it's a short 16 inch barrel 44 mag. Weird stuff is the large nickel plated loop . I could write that off as customer installed add on if it was not for the stage coach medallion in the stock.
Wood does seem to be walnut but very plain , nowhere near nice enough to be a commemorative .

Crappy pictures as it was nasty cold today and taking pictures inside.
So does this ring any bells with anyone ? If nothing special I will probably swap the lever to a normal loop and I can sure live without the stock medallion .
I have found some mention of a Stage coach model but that seems to be a John Wayne thing . He is the medallion and it has fancier wood.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,111 Posts
I have a 16" Trapper Model in .44 Magnum, but mine does not have that medallion or the odd lever...................

No help from me.......sorry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts