Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here after joining several months ago. Mostly been reading and checking out the great photos the members show here. I just bought a camera and am trying to learn how to shoot decent shots. Haven't got there YET, but I will learn to post pictures when the photos get better.

At any rate, I have a nice 625-2 that I enjoy shooting with both acp and auto rim brass. I roll all of my own centerfire cartridges. This revolver shoots everything from 200 grain swc to 230 fmj's and shoots them well.

I was at the range last Sunday with the gun and an associate tells me that there is some sort of problem inherent with this model. He's not certain what the nature of the problem is, just that he read something about it somewhere.

I've fired this gun a couple hundred times and have experienced zilch malfunctions. Anyone here know of any thing that I should be aware of or of any recalls on this model?

To further describe the gun, it is a 5 inch, model of 1988. Thanks for any thoughts on this subject.

Joe

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I've got a 5" Model of 1988 and a 4" Model of 1989, as well as several 1917's, 1937's, Pre-25's, Model 25's and 25-2's. I've been shooting them since 1975.

True, features are different, and some guns will shoot better than others either with or without clips, or Auto Rim rounds but if there's a problem inherent in the design I've never heard about it....

The only time I got crossed up with the .45 ACP in a revolver was when I once tried a pair of plastic (as opposed to steel) moonclips.

Drew

·
Registered
402 Posts
I'm no expert, and I haven't stayed at a Holiday Inn Express,
however your friend probably was confused about your 45acp revolver and the 45 Long Colt revolver which had some shipped out with oversized chambers. .45 ACP revolvers are the cat's meow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts