Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
In recent years a number of these foreign orders were run through the Belgian proof house on their way to countries (think western Europe) requiring that. Look inside the frame and the underside of the barrel for some odd small marks.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
I should have written on the frame under the cylinder. A stylized bomb with (inside) a cursive L resembling the British pound symbol, a capital letter and perhaps a star. All smaller than you normally see with European proofs. In very recent times CIP (International Congress of Proof?) has replaced the Bundes Adler (federal eagle) on the new Walthers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I did not do that right, but I found out that it was made late 93 or first part of 94 and the bulk of that batch went to Brazil or Malaysia for police or prisons . small numbers went elsewhere in the world and that is as close as I'm going to get, I think. Thanks for all the help. B&G

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well as long as I;m telling you all I don't know , on the frame it has Made in USA and underneath that it has MARCAS REGISTRADAS whats that? Oh and of course under that S&W Springfield , Mass

·
Premium Member
20,759 Posts
well as long as I;m telling you all I don't know , on the frame it has Made in USA and underneath that it has MARCAS REGISTRADAS whats that? Oh and of course under that S&W Springfield , Mass
S&W has endured copying of its handguns for over a hundred and fifty years. In 1922, it stamped "Made in USA" in an attempt to let buyers know the gun was a genuine S&W product. That didn't stop the copying, particularly by the Spanish, so in 1948 they added "Marcus Registradas" (Registered Trademark) so the Spanish speaking countries are put on notice the gun was a genuine S&W product. Springfield Mass is where the factory is.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts