Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago, my son Carter asked me if we could go shooting this Sunday. I was surprised cause it's been a couple of years since we have been out shooting together. He told me he had a renewed interest in firearms, especially with how things are with present days events. I gathered up a few handguns, my 360, 17-4, 4" 28-2, XD MOD2 .45acp and Ruger SR9c 9mm.

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

We reviewed some basic safety and the function of each firearm, then the fun began. Out of the 5 handguns my son Carter took to the 17-4 and the 28-2. Pit set up with 2 standing targets, a steel target and a variety of water filled milk jugs.
Plant Sky Bedrock Slope Tree

Here is carter shooting the 28-2
Jeans Nature Leaf Plant Standing

Carter with the 17-4, shooting from a higher vantage point.
Sky Tree Bedrock Wood People in nature

Me shooting the 28-2, destroying a gallon jug full of water.
Sky Plant Bedrock Slope Tree

Carter shooting the 360
Plant Shooting range Outdoor recreation Tree Biome

We spent about 3 hours sending lead down range and having a blast. Out of the 5 handguns my son wasn't too keen on shooting the XD MOD2 because of the recoil.:LOL: He did express interest in someday having both the 360m and 4" 28-2 as these were his favorites today. I was surprised that Carter was really into the .357, well, not really, because I know how nice the trigger is.
A great day to enjoy some nice weather and time with my son, who will be soon heading off to college. Hopefully, we will have many more times together at the range. :cool:

·
Registered
22,681 Posts
Absolutely a great time at the range. Glad your son has regained interest in shooting. No wonder to me he like the 28-2. He will definitely remember that day and hopefully will be many more to come. I know feeling. Oldest Grandson going to college and working to pay way and so range time has greatly reduced for him. Good luck with Carter and his College quest.

·
Registered
35,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like you guys had a great time. Does he realize those S&W revolvers can be an expensive hobby once you're hooked?
He knows the 17 and 4" 28-2 are his in the future, along with my snubby nickel 15-3 and 2.5 66-2, so he will be off to a good start with the hobby if he wants to pursue it further.:)

·
Registered
33,107 Posts
We got rid of weekend company so I went and shot 5-stand while my wife spent her time making jewelry...............
Do you not get serious ricochets in that quarry shooting at rocks?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Any day on the range is a good day. It’s even better when a family member comes with. Enjoy the good times while they last, they grow up quick! The wife and I shoot just about every day!

Regards,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts