Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Model 59 appears lonely, so I guess since I can't find a 645 or 5906 locally around here I'll have to settle on a 659 at a local dealer. Put a hundred down on it and will hopefully pick it up next week.

Oops... Just won my auctionarms bid for a Model 10 HB, give it 2 weeks...

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Congrats.... Can't really go wrong with a 2nd Gen 659.

I found a NIB 559 last year on consignment and it followed me home. When I compared the internals with my 4006, there wasn't much of a difference to my surprise.

Externally was a different matter with the 3rd Gen 1 piece grip incorporating the backstrap versus the seperate grips panels and back strap on the 2nd Gen. There are other subtle refinements, but there desn't seem to any drastic changes.

Finding that the differences weren't as much as I thought they would be surprised me given the opinions I've heard/read about 3rd gen and 2nd Gen comparisons.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's home! lkavnaap

I took it to the range last week, ran about 100 round through it before the decocker screw stated to work out. Brought it home, added a little loc tite and screwed it back on.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Well look at that............. I just love those old grip panels with an exposed backstrap. My only dislike of the 3rd gen guns are the one-piece grips.

Sweet!!! :mrgreen:

What's the birthdate?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LeMat said:
Well look at that............. I just love those old grip panels with an exposed backstrap. My only dislike of the 3rd gen guns are the one-piece grips.

Sweet!!! :mrgreen:

What's the birthdate?
1982 per Supica's book.

Just in time for Hannibal to wield one around in "The A-Team".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts