Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple weeks ago I posted an upper I had just received from Palmetto State Armory
Brown Truck Brought Some Goodies

PSA had another sale so I ordered a lower too. I picked it up from the FFL on Wednesday.
This is the MOE EPT Stealth Lower
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

It has Magpul MOE carbine stock, grip & trigger guard. EPT is the Enhanced Polished Trigger and the Stealth part means it doesn’t have the Palmetto State Armory logo stamped on the magwell.
Here it is with the upper
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

And here it is attached

Blue Trigger Air gun Wood Gun barrel

Here it is pictured with my M&P Sport
Air gun Trigger Wood Machine gun Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Wood Line Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gas

I’ll be moving some stuff around. The Adaptive Tactical stock currently on the S&W will be moved to the PSA. The Hogue over molded stock currently on my 15-22 will get moved to the S&W lower and the new Magpul stock will get put on the 15-22. I’ll probably swap the hand grips too.
I have already shot the upper using the S&W lower. I was sighting in a 1-4 X 30 LPVO on my 15-22 at 25 yards so I shot & sighted in the iron sights on the PSA upper while I was at it. It ran great. No problems at all

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Ha!

"By the way... a new upper is like an irresistible magnet for buying another lower. So... if you think you're going to save money with multlple uppers and just one lower be prepared for that plan to fail :). Besides... you can pick up a complete lower ready to rock and roll from Palmetto for under $150."

Nice looking rifles.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Addictive aren't they? Phil is right..
I went down the rabbit hole of having two uppers and one lower, and it did not work for me either.
Still gathering parts to assemble the second lower, that was recently acquired into a usable rifle.
Nice toys by the way.. :)

·
Registered
17,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was pretty sure I was going to get a lower once I got the new upper, but was waiting for the next credit card billing cycle and a sale before ordering. The lower was $159 with free shipping and I had a 5% off coupon code.
Considering that you can get a basic complete lower for $125, it just makes sense to go that route.

·
Registered
17,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like that Adaptive Tactical stock - Just bought one online for my S&W. It lacks a sling QD at the moment and Wifey should appreciate the recoil pad.

Thx.
I got mine last fall and really like it. It is pretty nice and doesn't break the bank. The only downside is it is a bit heavier than the basic Magpul stock, but 6 ounces or so isn't a deal breaker. I got mine at Optics Planet

·
Banned
18,216 Posts
Got mine at Range USA for about $5 less than list price on the Adaptive Tactical site. Range USA has franchise stores in the area where we go shoot, but they didn't have it in-store. I have to wait on home delivery.

·
Registered
17,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Optics Planet lists it at $44.99 and I had a 10% coupon code, so with tax and shipping I was under $50 for it.
I have a Swampfox Tomahawk 1-8 X 24 LPVO to mount and I'll be ready to hit the range.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The only free floating upper I have is a 16" 7.62x39. We swap it amongst us (myself, wife, and son when he goes with us). I suspect it'll meet a steady lower someday, but for time being she's a trade-around that's fun to run now and then. I prefer my x39 pistol most days.

·
Super Moderator
15,438 Posts
PSA has some great sales, and putting these rifles together this way (buying the upper and lower separately, then adding the appropriate bolt, charge handle magazine and sights) saves you money.

Their MilSpec components are quality and work well. I have a utility PSA rifle I built up this way also. Don't be afraid of their blemished sale offerings either. They are minor finish defects for the most part, and run perfectly well in my experience.

I have done two stage trigger upgrades on a few of my rifles because I prefer that trigger style. LaRue Tactical makes a good one at a very reasonable price.

Reactions: jonesy814
1 - 11 of 11 Posts