Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm playing with this one. The slide is hard chrome plated. After getting it back from the plater. I decided to have the flats on the side of the slide done in a brushed finish. It will look like the Eguinox model with the exception it will be done all in hard chrome. It should look very nice with the satin and brushed chrome look. I'll post some pictures when I'm done. Being retired I have the time to play with this stuff. With this type of stuff if your in for a penny, your in for a pound. It never ends, I have fun with it. So back to the plater to have the chrome stripped off. Then I have to do the slide flats and have it replated.

·
Registered
20,164 Posts
I'm thinking that......you aren't hard up for cash!!!!! :lol: Bob

·
Registered
10,947 Posts
As long as you are having fun with it kfjdrfirii
50 years from now, some guy is going to post a picture of it on some Sig forum {or what ever they have then} and ask about the 'factory' finish on his Pre-2010 Sig njgapjgj

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking that......you aren't hard up for cash!!!!! Bob

Bob
Nah, I can never have enough cash. Actually I'm building a custom 1911 and having plating and machine work done on that one. So this one was thrown into the mix. I should just slap it back together tonight. But I will never be happy with it. So I may as well go for it.

As long as you are having fun with it
50 years from now, some guy is going to post a picture of it on some Sig forum {or what ever they have then} and ask about the 'factory' finish on his Pre-2010 Sig

Azmick
I do have fun with these projects. I'm sure one day someone will wonder if it was a factory finish. The slide looks good now. However I'll try to make it just a little better. I need a hobby so this fits the bill to pass the time. Sometimes when you can't purchase a gun the way you want it. You have to make it.

Jim

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Times like this remind me of how much I hate myself for getting rid of my Sig's. :cry:

Can't wait to see it finished (and hate myself some more). ;)

·
Registered
570 Posts
Hmmmmm..a two tone Sig P220..... should look really good....... infact.... this one goes with me any chance it gets.....

kfjdrfirii

sorry LeMat......couldn't help myself

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lemat
You will find another one, plenty of Sigs around.

kritter
That's a very nice P220. I had to make mine a two tone, prior to the chrome plate. The slide was the nitron finish. I like the look of the nitron. It was starting to wear thin in spots. So while I'm having plating work done on other pistols. I threw this one into the mix. Maybe I'll have this one done next week.
Jim

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
kritter said:
sorry LeMat......couldn't help myself
Evil? You?

Yes kritter, you are evil. ;)

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update it's a done deal

Now it's a two tone with the side flats brushed and the rest of the slide has a stain finish. It works for me. The picture does not do the pistol justice. It is hard to capture the brushed finish..

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Yep, pretty much hatin' myself. :lol:

Lovin' that 220 though. Very sharp! kfjdrfirii

·
Super Moderator
8,963 Posts
That looks great!! You got that turned around fast!! The plater a friend of yours?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lemat
Thanks
Dom
The owner of the plating shop is a friend. He tries to get my work done very fast.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The right side...

I had a little time to spare. I decided to polish the barrel hood. It looked ok with the bluing. It had a small wear mark on the side of the hood. Which it looked like a scratch in the bluing. I ran it across the buffer, to remove the bluing. Eventually I will have the barrel hard chromed. I'm in no hurry for that. Here is the before and after.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have a 1/2 hp jewelers buffer. I used a felt pad with green rouge. It was the pad on the left spindle on the buffer. With that buffer it only took about 10 minutes. The barrel on this one also has the sig logo on the left side. I'm happy with the 45 AUTO...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts