Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with reassembling the trigger, hand and hand torsion spring on a model 57-6. If you have the secret for this nightmare I would sure like to hear from you. The third generation models were a piece of cake. The sixth generation, not so much!

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
I have always used a small screwdriver that just fits in the slot in the trigger to push the spring back to insert the hand. Usually a couple of attempts gets the job done but then there's the times when it takes 30 attempts. It's one of those jobs where it would help to have a third hand.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Big difference between generation 3 and generation 6

Just so there is no confusion here; there is a big difference between the earlier triggers such as the 3rd generation Vs. the recent 6th generation triggers. I have never had a problem with the earlier 3rd generation triggers; I can reassemble those in my sleep. The 6th generation triggers are a whole different animal. Please see the attached images. IMGP0089.-2JPG.jpg IMGP0093.JPG IMGP0115-4 (1).jpg

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Slide the spring into the slot in the back of the trigger so that the short end is visible in the small opening in the right side of the trigger. Now take a small screwdriver that's the same width as the slot and push the long end of the spring up above the hole for the hand pivot. Drop the hand in place and you're done. It will take a few tries.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Slide the spring into the slot in the back of the trigger so that the short end is visible in the small opening in the right side of the trigger. Now take a small screwdriver that's the same width as the slot and push the long end of the spring up above the hole for the hand pivot. Drop the hand in place and you're done. It will take a few tries.
I told my engineer yesterday to make me a tool and some extras. It will have a 1/2" wide handle and a square blade .100 wide to fit the slot and not allow the spring to slip by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts