Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks...it has started! All your pretty pictures and interesting discussion has me over the edge. I've had a 19-5 for a while that is a sweet shooter and I recently found a 12-no dash with a steel cylinder. Now I've a 27-2 ready to pick up at the LGS. I'm blamin you all and the needs of my Grands for the smallering bank account. (The wife just looks at me kinda funny).

·
Super Moderator
34,005 Posts
True, the addiction and collections typically do grow!

·
Registered
8,494 Posts
Hey P Man,

Great start!

Revolvers are so KOOL!

Later, Mark

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360

·
Registered
25,964 Posts
Asking for an intervention here regarding the purchasing of firearms is hilarious! Bunch of enablers here. If you plan on hanging out here be prepared for the collection to grow. Not a bad thing. Enjoy the new hobby.

·
Registered
230 Posts
yep, revolvers grow on ya after a while, and you just cant wait to see what else is out there
Expect only enabling here but those are very nice looking Smiths. There are much worse things to be addicted to so just enjoy shooting them and watch the family grow.
Yes, so classic, fit a role, collectible, last a long time if quality, etc. This site is enabling to be sure. However, I've noted in other forums that many people spend money on or collect other items. Some are non-functional things from artwork to old signs. Just watch American Pickers on History Channel, ha. Other people spend a ton of money on cars. One single "Sunday driver" classic car (old muscle car) or new sweet ride could easily total more than most of us will ever spend on guns. In the past, I spent again more on global travel than your average gun owner will spend on guns.

·
Premium Member
12,267 Posts
Congratulations on your new revolvers. They are precision made, and purpose built. Nothing like them in the world!

Returning to your friendly neighborhood enablers may not be the best strategy for keeping your spouse comfortable during these trying times... but rest assured that these are good decisions. Just make sure you don't over extend yourself.

My experience with classic revolvers like these is that you will enjoy them, use them regularly in training at the range, have the comfort of effective self defense tools, and can generally sell them for more than you bought them for if it ever comes to that.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, so classic, fit a role, collectible, last a long time if quality, etc. This site is enabling to be sure. However, I've noted in other forums that many people spend money on or collect other items. Some are non-functional things from artwork to old signs. Just watch American Pickers on History Channel, ha. Other people spend a ton of money on cars. One single "Sunday driver" classic car (old muscle car) or new sweet ride could easily total more than most of us will ever spend on guns. In the past, I spent again more on global travel than your average gun owner will spend on guns.
Guess I'm "mature" enough to like that word "classic". All of you have enlightened me to appreciate minimizing the oil spot on the garage floor from the Harley (still have one tho...another intervention needed!) and not worrying about the tires, etc. Anyhoo, I'm guessing these quality machines will maintain value and last much longer than I will.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm with you, Injunbro, I don't see any problem here!
I definitely appreciate your take on "no problem". And fortunately I like corn flakes and the wife has a bank account that will keep me in such. Almost have her convinced she has a need for a cutie snubbie. What should it be? a 36, 37, 60 or...? I kinda like the exposed hammer but could be persuaded to stray if convincing arguments.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts