Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,655 Posts
Back prior to 2013 they made a real decent 32 round magazine for the S&W 15-22 for under $20. I got 2 of them before S&W hit them with a cease & desist order for patent violations on the feed lip design. They load and run just like factory, but, one of very few exceptions to their usual crappy mags

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I had 2 choices for 9mm mags for my M&P. The Promags are a lot less expensive. I read the reviews and they align with what jonesy said. I bought the S&W brand mags. If you're patient and diligent you can find them on sale.... eventually. Midway had them at 15% off recently, but I got them at the LGS with a discount card they gave me (also 15%). Then they gave me the discount card back. Nice people over there.

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
If they make them for your pistol, MecGar magazines are usually a safe bet in aftermarket magazines.

Reactions: combat

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got impatient and ordered a Pro Mag Magazine for my S & W 659. It came and it will go into pistol but not release. Mine is a 14 round and this is a 15 round. Is this my problem?

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
It may be putting too much force on the release catch. Try it with fewer rounds and see if it will operate then.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It may be putting too much force on the release catch. Try it with fewer rounds and see if it will operate then.
So, the 15 round mag should work ok in mine? How does it work with more rounds? It doesn't stick out any at bottom of magazine, Mine is 14 rounds with one in chamber makes it 15.

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
Try it with fewer rounds to see if it will function. If it does, use the lesser number. That's the best I can tell you. Sometimes Pro mag will design a magazine that looks good on paper, not so much in practice.

·
Premium Member
17,265 Posts
No problem, that's the luck of the draw with Pro mags. If it works with 14 or even 13 rounds, then that's the capacity of the mag. And an important tip, test it by using it at the range through a few loadings.

Reactions: Postofficemike659
1 - 17 of 17 Posts