Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two that I would like an idea as to their worth. I am new here so do not know if I am in the right area to do this, so please let me know if I am not and direct me where to go. I have an unfired model 39 made in 1959 that is 100 per cent mint, just no box. I also have a 629-1 with a 4 inch barrel that is maybe 95-98 per cent depending on who is looking at it I guess. I tried looking on Gunbroker and Gunsamerica, but could find no unfired 39s and almost no 4 inch 629-1s. I am thinking about putting them up for auction or sale, but do not have a clue on how to value them. Any help would be much appreciated, Hank.

I see by looking at the area I am in that I should have asked about the auto in the other section. My apologies for this. Hank.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
A local shop has a 59 no dash {LNIB} priced at $495. He has had it there for a couple years.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Value can depend on where you are located, for example, these guns are illegal to import to Calif. , but legal if they are already there and registered to a Calif. resident, who can sell them to another Calif. resident. That's because the guns were out of production before the Calif. safety test was required, so were never submitted for testing by S&W. Is the Model 39 blue or nickel? I would estimate the 39 at $600. Add $100 for nickel. 629-1 about $450-$500 maybe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. That gives me an idea. I appreciate the responses, Hank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts