Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time back here as a registered member since the conversion to the new forum software... very nice.

While visiting my local gun shop, I saw a beautiful S&W Model 19-5, 4" barrel, original nickel-plated finish, with rubber grips (square frame). Bore seems in excellent condition, cylinder lock-up feels very good... gun doesn't look like it has been shot much. Finish is near perfect. Double-action, trigger feels good; in single action, trigger feels great.

Used, they are asking $499... I believe can get it at $460 (plus IL sales tax at 10%).

What do you think about the price? I have been told nickel-plated Model 19s are on the rare side.

Thanks!
John

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome back... What'ya waitin for, go for it. While not a great price, seems to be a good one. Don't believe nickel is rare, but seem to be desirable. Best Regards..... ;)

·
Registered
507 Posts
The last two I saw had an asking price of $550 and $565. Both of those were dash 4's,P&R'd. I still keep thinking I'll find one for $425-$450.
f.t.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
snafu said:
Welcome back... What'ya waitin for, go for it. While not a great price, seems to be a good one. Don't believe nickel is rare, but seem to be desirable. Best Regards..... ;)
Okay... this was just the little shove I needed....

Called the shop... still available. Ran down, they were willing to go to down to $450. Took another look... she is a beaut! Didn't notice before but the original owner had the hammer and trigger jeweled. Also, comes with original box (s/n on box matches the revolver) but no papers/owner's manual.

At $450 I bit... pick her up Saturday!

She joins a Model 10 (also in nickel), a Model 686 (stainless), and a Model 29 (blued).

·
Administrator
8,111 Posts
Congrats on your find! Sounds like you found a really nice one!

By the way, you know we like pics.. weiweinp

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Good deal, take a picture when you get it home!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patience, ladies and gentlemen. Pics will come once I get her home! May not be able to get to the shop Saturday before the 72 hour wait period is up, since they close just a half hour later. If I can't, shop is closed Sunday and Monday, won't be 'till Tuesday... a tough wait ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts