Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $1150.00 high or in the ballpark for an unfired 27 with box/papers?

Oh, 4" barrel, some kind of newish target stocks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
On 10/28/2008 I purchased a new and unfired factory original S&W Model 27-2 357 magnum, 8 3/8", pinned & recessed revolver, with the original two piece blue box with matching end label as well as the original documents and the original cleaning kit still factory sealed in the plastic bag for $755.00. I payed 6% tax in state as well as $25.00 shipping and $35.00 for a transfer. Total cost...$860.00, which I think is a bit high. In my opinion $1150.00 is WAY high.

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
MUCH depends upon when it was built.

Early 27's and pre-27's were nominally available in 4", but rarely, if ever, are seen. A 4" S-serialed 27 would be worth that and more if indeed in perfect, unmolested, complete and unfired condition.

However in the late N-range, around N-800,000 or so there was a surge in 4" 27 Production, I suppose as a consolation to us as buyers who were about to loose the 4" 28. These guns are numerous and there seem to be alot of them around in Nickel. If your example is one of these, the value stated is roughly twice what it would be worth to me.

"Newish Target Stocks" would be a tip off to me that this gun has ben screwed with.

Good luck. Keep your eyes open.

Drew

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Any way to get a pic of it ? I agree it does sound a bit high.

I had one that was NIB 4" with presentation case, tools etc. I sold it two years ago for 8 or 900. It was an N serial # gun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts