Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've looked all over and cannot find revolvers similar to this and I'm trying to figure out a reasonable price estimate. i am curious how rare these are.I recall purchasing it about 20 years ago.i have the original box. thanks

Found an answer see my post below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Get a couple of boxes of 210 gr 44 specials. Go shoot them up, then decide if you really want to sell.
Cliff

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
That's a nice S&W with some good features, 5"barrel, square butt. The unfluted cylinder is a bit of a detractor though. Check on GB for a S&W 29-5 or goggle it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a nice S&W with some good features, 5"barrel, square butt. The unfluted cylinder is a bit of a detractor though. Check on GB for a S&W 29-5 or goggle it.
I have looked at gunbroker , guns international , etc. I have found very few 29-5 and none that were the same as this one which prompted my post.

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
It's probably worth somewhere in the neighborhood of $900-1000.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Except for not having the 4-position adjustable front sight, it looks just like the 29-3 Classic Hunter from 1987
29-3ClassicHunter-2.JPG

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just found an old posting on gunbroker. This is a " Hill Country" Spec ( no idea what that means) , 5 inch, unfluted, 29-5. Is it one of a run of 500 built around 1990-91. The product number on the box allowed me to find an accurate description (if gunbroker is accurate). It sold 12/19 for $1225 with box. Lightly used. Thanks to all for your information.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I just found an old posting on gunbroker. This is a " Hill Country" Spec ( no idea what that means) , 5 inch, unfluted, 29-5. Is it one of a run of 500 built around 1990-91. The product number on the box allowed me to find an accurate description (if gunbroker is accurate). It sold 12/19 for $1225 with box. Lightly used. Thanks to all for your information.
COOL! Never heard of that one, and I didn't notice the shorter barrel either.
VERY nice! A lot of people feel that the 5" is the best barrel length possible for an N frame.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts