Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the last 38-44 Outdoorsmans shipped pre WW2. It was shipped to an individual, with the magna stocks
and Humpback hammer. It came with the original, numbered to the gun, blue box. hard to upgrade as this revolver has not seen to many rounds through it.
Pretty much had to pry this revolver from the former owners hands. Big Larry
Larrys 38-44.jpg

·
Registered
13,160 Posts
I clicked on this thread as soon as I saw it because I knew there would be something good to see.....as usual from Big Larry. That's an outstanding revolver You should call it NAPA, because it has all the right parts in all the right places

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
N frame 38's are my favorites. For some reason I like them better than 357's. Load 'em up with some Underwood +p's and they're second fiddle to no one. That's a nice Outdoorsman, Larry!

My shiny HD. Shoots POA with hot, hot, hot Underwood Keiths

·
Super Moderator
32,958 Posts
Those are a couple of great looking fine Smiths!

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
There will be no shooting of this revolver. I have others to shoot. Thanks, Big Larry
:(
YMMV, but I have to admit the most fun in collecting for me is shooting them. That's why a turn line is my friend.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:(
YMMV, but I have to admit the most fun in collecting for me is shooting them. That's why a turn line is my friend.
I have 50 S&W's in my collection and don't feel the need to shoot the minty ones. Especially high dollar guns like this one. Too many things can happen. I have a problem with my hands and all my guns are Ren Waxed, and that makes them a little slippery. One drop and it devalues the gun by 1/2.
To each his own. I have shooters and I have collectibles. Thanks for your reply. I know you know your stuff. Big Larry

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I have a Transitional Outdoorsman with a Registered Magnum ribbed barrel. There is a guy on the blue forum who goes by Outdoorsman Accumalator. He posted one several years ago and I sent him the specs on mine. He said it was the lowest numbered one he had ever seen.
I paid $400 for it 20 years ago.
No, I do NOT wanna double my money.:eek:
Jim

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
That’s a superior piece, Big Larry. I don’t blame you a bit for not shooting that beauty! Each to his own, said the lady when she kissed the cow. Hank

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a Transitional Outdoorsman with a Registered Magnum ribbed barrel. There is a guy on the blue forum who goes by Outdoorsman Accumalator. He posted one several years ago and I sent him the specs on mine. He said it was the lowest numbered one he had ever seen.
I paid $400 for it 20 years ago.
No, I do NOT wanna double my money.:eek:
Jim
That is real cool. According to Jinks's book, my # 62022 is the last one shipped, but a few #'s higher have been found since he wrote his book. I really had to reach deep in my pockets for this one, although I have paid much more for a few of my Winchesters. Thanks for your post. Big Larry

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That’s a superior piece, Big Larry. I don’t blame you a bit for not shooting that beauty! Each to his own, said the lady when she kissed the cow. Hank
Thanks much. I have some nice guns, Winchesters, Colts, S&W's, and a few others that I do not shoot. I look at it this way, you've shot one 22, you have shot them all. Same goes for the other calibers. Most of my shooting is done with a 22 as that is my favorite cartridge. I have over 80 22's in my collection. Not a lot by others standards. I don't and never will shoot a minty gun, as you stated about the lady and the cow. Thanks, Big Larry

1 - 11 of 11 Posts