Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Pre-Victory Hand Ejector that was originally chambered in .38 S&W. It is hanging up on one cylinder and will not turn. I was thinking about replacing the cylinder stop and spring, but I'm not sure if a modern part would fit a pre WWII gun.

If it is anything more than that I am going to get it to a gunsmith. It has a shortened barrel, is nickel plated, and has been re-chambered in .38 Special. It is a neat piece of history I'd like to keep in working order; although I rarely shoot it. Suggestions on possible problems other than the cylinder stop will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
12,289 Posts
I have one just like the one you describe. Once I put a .38SW barrel on it and began shooting .38SW the gun stopped hanging up and the cylinder worked fine.

The cylinder issue stopped when I went to .38SW ammo. It had a .38 special barrel and that shaved some lead off of the .38SW round. Once I found a .38SW Victory barrel and had it chromed and put it on the gun behaved beautifully.

·
Premium Member
12,289 Posts
I'd say it worked beautifully!
Thanks. That round above the "8" was the first round down range after the barrel changeout. I had my head down and my eyes closed. :)

·
Premium Member
20,709 Posts
Sounds like you need some end shake bushings to restore the barrel to cylinder gap. MidwayUSA and Brownells sell them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.