Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Pre Model 27 with Keith Brown Magnas....

3K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  WendyZXZ 
#1 ·
My LGS has had this shooter grade Pre 27 made in 1954 on consignment since September and yesterday they lowered the price by $360 to the minimum consignee would take for it.

So I thought it was time rescue the poor old thing.
brought it home did a quick clean up and added a set of Keith Brown Pre War style Magnas I've had for a while waiting for the right gun to come along. The original numbered to the gun grips aren't bad either....

Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun barrel
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Firearm Gun Revolver Trigger Gun accessory
Revolver Antique tool

See less See more
#3 ·
I’ve already admitted to not being an expert on guns, but I do know what I like. And, I like that one!!! Further, at $360, how could you walk away from that??? Some people fall into “it”, and come back up smelling like a rose, while others just have the knack of being in the right time at the right place. Either way, you obviously snagged a great prize. Enjoy your new acquisition.

#9 · (Edited)
Great find, congrats! The only thing is I’m not sure there’s any such thing as a “ Pre Model 27 with Keith Brown Magnas” shooter. Looks super to me.

#20 · (Edited)
AWESOME !!

Congratulations on suce a great find, and getting that $360 off was quite the bonus, and icing on the cake.
I truly wish that S&W would go back and build guns like this again!
If they would, I don't think I'd feel bad about paying a couple of thousand for one.

I have a pre-27 as well. Not as nice as this one, but it's one hell of a shooter. The weight is perfect for the .357, holding down most of the recoil.
Wit the exception of my K-38 masterpiece mine is by far the most accurate wheelgun that I own. and is fun to shoot!
Gun Revolver Firearm Trigger Starting pistol

#25 ·
Leo
Your definition of shooter grade makes me think my old beaters are of a lesser grade. Maybe beater grade or salvage grade.
You got another nice find and those KB grips do add to the package. 2+2=5
Bill@Yuma

View attachment 452949
We can always count on you to come up with the goods amigo..................nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.