Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My LGS has had this shooter grade Pre 27 made in 1954 on consignment since September and yesterday they lowered the price by $360 to the minimum consignee would take for it.

So I thought it was time rescue the poor old thing.
brought it home did a quick clean up and added a set of Keith Brown Pre War style Magnas I've had for a while waiting for the right gun to come along. The original numbered to the gun grips aren't bad either....

Pre 27 6%22 1954.jpg 357 6%22 1954.jpg 357 with KB Magnas.jpg M-27 with KB Magnas.jpg Keith Brown Magnas.jpg

·
Registered
19,970 Posts
Another great adoption LEO. Great tings do come to those who wait. Sometimes have to be fast but it is a good feeling when you know price too high and you happen to be there when lowered. Those grips do look very nice on her.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I’ve already admitted to not being an expert on guns, but I do know what I like. And, I like that one!!! Further, at $360, how could you walk away from that??? Some people fall into “it”, and come back up smelling like a rose, while others just have the knack of being in the right time at the right place. Either way, you obviously snagged a great prize. Enjoy your new acquisition.

·
Registered
11,029 Posts
I’ve already admitted to not being an expert on guns, but I do know what I like. And, I like that one!!! Further, at $360, how could you walk away from that??? Some people fall into “it”, and come back up smelling like a rose, while others just have the knack of being in the right time at the right place. Either way, you obviously snagged a great prize. Enjoy your new acquisition.
He didn't pay $360.00 they lowered the price by $360.00.:cool:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Great find, congrats! The only thing is I’m not sure there’s any such thing as a “ Pre Model 27 with Keith Brown Magnas” shooter. Looks super to me.

·
Registered
27,260 Posts
Another great find Leo! Congrats. :cool:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
No it's not a NRM and yes Pre 27 is just a collectors shortcut to the real name which is - Hand Ejector .357 Magnum Model of 1950 (whew).
Thank you. I was not aware there was another Model between the RM/NRM and the Model 27. Learning every day!

So, the Model 1950 was available in 357, 44 Special and 45 ACP?

Kevin

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes Sir, along with a couple of .38s, the Heavy Duty and Outdoorsman with some very rare Pre Models in .45 Colt caliber as well.

·
Super Moderator
19,714 Posts
AWESOME !!

Congratulations on suce a great find, and getting that $360 off was quite the bonus, and icing on the cake.
I truly wish that S&W would go back and build guns like this again!
If they would, I don't think I'd feel bad about paying a couple of thousand for one.

I have a pre-27 as well. Not as nice as this one, but it's one hell of a shooter. The weight is perfect for the .357, holding down most of the recoil.
Wit the exception of my K-38 masterpiece mine is by far the most accurate wheelgun that I own. and is fun to shoot!
100_1695.JPG

1 - 20 of 26 Posts