Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to share a few pictures of a 4" pre-19 combat magnum that I picked up recently, it is a first year model manufactured in 1955. It is in decent condition overall, light holster wear on the barrel end, bore is bright and shiny, good lock up, and a really smooth trigger.
mag 1.jpg
mag 2.jpg

·
Registered
24,532 Posts
Congrats! That's a sweet revolver. Enjoy it and please....post a range report to let us know how it functioned for you. (y)

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
Just a beautiful revolver! Glad to see it in the hands of someone who appreciates it! My 19-3 is at present on the end table here by the couch. Easy gun to appreciate. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bruce, good to see that your 19 is readily available to welcome those non-welcomed guests :)
Just a beautiful revolver! Glad to see it in the hands of someone who appreciates it! My 19-3 is at present on the end table here by the couch. Easy gun to appreciate. Sincerely. bruce.

·
Registered
5,265 Posts
"... unwelcome guests." Awe shucks! I am the resident senior pastor of the local Methodist church! i would not have any need to lift a finger ... or even reach out for my handle little Model 19. Any unwelcome guest would face 15 lbs. of cold calculating heartless, unforgiving unrelenting carefully trained and throughly capable attack cat known to one and all as "Wild Thang!" I would of course administer what medical aid I could offer but given what WT did to the last unwelcome guest ... it would all be rather pointless. The last unwelcome guest was discovered dismembered ... decapitated, WT lying nearby quietly licking her claws. She left me to clean up the mess! Sincerely. bruce.

·
Super Moderator
33,417 Posts
That is a great find and addition!

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
Great find. I've never seen a "pre 19." At one time I had a "no dash" and I've presently got a -1, but never a "pre."

Congratulations.

Reactions: latitude22

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Very nice piece. And those non- relieved targets are nice, too! Are they numbered to the gun, or did they stop numbering the stocks before they made yours. I’m not clear when they stopped numbering stocks. Hank

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Very nice piece. And those non- relieved targets are nice, too! Are they numbered to the gun, or did they stop numbering the stocks before they made yours. I’m not clear when they stopped numbering stocks. Hank
thanks Hank, the stocks are not numbered to the gun, I am really not sure when the marking stopped

·
Premium Member
19,173 Posts
Hank, S&W did not routinely number target stocks to the gun. IIRC, it only occurred when the stocks were standard for the production such as a presentation target revolver that came with a display case. Magnas were standard on most guns, and numbered, with target stocks optional. But, they did not number an optional target set.

Reactions: latitude22
1 - 20 of 25 Posts