Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sort of new guy. I have been lurking for a while and looking for one of these. Pre 18 K 2945xx.
Birth year gun, about 90% or so, wrong box. I bought it to get my 11 year old off the old Ruger MK1 and onto revolvers. Probably paid too much at $500, but it is what I wanted. :D

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Here's a couple from my collection....

Both are complete with all.

I've had these for several years.... Note the shopping grease..... the Pre-18 is K 294,50x (very close to yours, perhaps consecutive) and the Pre-17 is K174,86x.

K-22's are my "thing".... well..... one of my "things"......

Drew

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
I don't think you paid too much. You are going to enjoy that revolver and any thought of the price will be gone after a few cylinders full go down range.
Welcome to the forum

·
Super Moderator
9,005 Posts
All of those are awesome!! I would have snapped that up for 500. Around here you can get 38s and 357s for a song and a dance, but 22s are really hard to come by unless you are willing to pay way more than they are worth.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Pre 18 update

I have had the chance to get out with it a couple of times. Wonderful little revolver, performs as expected. This is a must have for every shooters collection.

Though I plan to have it lettered soon for grins, I was wondering if anyone has "The book" and can find a rough date for it (K294544). I know it is '57 or earlier, but that is all. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.