Smith And Wesson Forums banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
It’s been a tough day...every day since I came back home because our Life 360 app showed that Elijah didn’t leave home for school that am. I found him...wouldn’t wish that on anyone. He committed suicide at our house.

Elijah didn’t suffer from mental illness or suicidal thoughts that we were aware of. He was full of life, but did have a tad of anxiety...and visited an awesome psychologist several times to make sure he was dealing with teenage ups and downs ok.

He was always encouraging everyone he came in contact with, and was nicknamed “The Great Encourager” when he was a little kid playing little league baseball. Countless little things like buying a yearly pass for $10 more dollars to Six Flags over Georgia the week before...showed he wasn’t suicidal. And NOONE ever heard him even discuss anything like that.

The devil told Elijah a lie, through a girl he had a crush on...and in a horribly weak moment, he thought he was a burden on his friends and a piece of crap.

It seems that that the biggest obstacle he faced, was to always lift everyone around him up...with a contagious smile that everyone loved...and thinking he was a burden to his friends (which couldn’t have been farther from the truth) ...was more than he could bear.

Love everyone you can, encourage more than you should, and tell everyone that Jesus loves them.

This is Elijah’s 11th grade picture taken only a few weeks ago...

He's a good looking boy mate...Through our savior "its not goodbye, its see you later"... I pray your good days be such, and bad days, not so much mate..

Paul

·
Registered
390 Posts
It’s been a tough day...every day since I came back home because our Life 360 app showed that Elijah didn’t leave home for school that am. I found him...wouldn’t wish that on anyone. He committed suicide at our house.

Elijah didn’t suffer from mental illness or suicidal thoughts that we were aware of. He was full of life, but did have a tad of anxiety...and visited an awesome psychologist several times to make sure he was dealing with teenage ups and downs ok.

He was always encouraging everyone he came in contact with, and was nicknamed “The Great Encourager” when he was a little kid playing little league baseball. Countless little things like buying a yearly pass for $10 more dollars to Six Flags over Georgia the week before...showed he wasn’t suicidal. And NOONE ever heard him even discuss anything like that.

The devil told Elijah a lie, through a girl he had a crush on...and in a horribly weak moment, he thought he was a burden on his friends and a piece of crap.

It seems that that the biggest obstacle he faced, was to always lift everyone around him up...with a contagious smile that everyone loved...and thinking he was a burden to his friends (which couldn’t have been farther from the truth) ...was more than he could bear.

Love everyone you can, encourage more than you should, and tell everyone that Jesus loves them.

This is Elijah’s 11th grade picture taken only a few weeks ago...

You are so right my friend( I hope you don't mind me saying my friend as we don't know each other) kindness and civility should be are daily routine. Your story touched me and reminded me that I need be patient and listen to everyone, because you never know when that one kind gesture may save a life or at the very least brighten someone's day. I am truly sorry for your loss.

·
Premium Member
18,266 Posts
Butch, I'm only 4 hours away or seconds on the phone. Whatever you need that I can help with...I'm here for you. It was my privilege to meet and get to know Lij, even if only a little. My heart goes out to you and Melanie. May God hold you in his hands and soothe your grief.

·
Registered
8,978 Posts
Spoke with Butch last night.....He is a good man...But for some reason he thinks he can cook a "better" steak than me.......???? you all know that's not possible....right?:)

we will see...Lets keep the payers alive, for Butch and Melanie and all friends and family.....

thewelshm

61 - 68 of 68 Posts