Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PPX arrived today and despite a light rain I went out back and ran a 15 round mag through her. The target, off hand at 7 yds. speaks for itself. Impressions: It is a double action pistol, with a hammer that does not have a restrike ability. It does not have a magazine safety. It is one of the easiest pistols to takedown and reassemble I've handled. Remove the mag, lock the slide to the rear , rotate the lever downward; then release the slide and off it comes. While the slide is a bit large, the contoured grip can be easily and securely held by a smaller hand. The pistol fits snuggly in my H&K .45 sized Tagua belt slide. Internally it is pure economy, stamped, pressed in, MIM; plastic. No surprises there. As an alternative to the SD9ve I give it a passing grade especially in the trigger department. A little shopping at CDNN and elsewhere will produce one for $300 or less, two 15 round mags; lifetime warranty. Get one or recommend it in context.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For what it is intended to be, yes I do. If someone wants an entry level piece, is budget constrained, a truck gun or similar, I give it an edge over the SD9ve. It is not going to appeal to someone looking for the PPQ M2, the CCP, a Glock, M&P or something "better". I am not going to park my Kahr or sell a Hi Power to fund two more of them.

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
I picked up this GSG from ATI several years ago...forgot to post it in the under $300 thread. The only down side is they only come with one mag...I think Sig makes the exact same thing...identical to mine. A fun plinker. be safe and God bless. Dick 100_1508.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts