Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kel Tec 30 PMR in .22 mag. I had looked at the pistols and thought they were neat, but had not really keyed in on buying one. Very light (less than 14 ounces and just over one pound loaded with 30 rounds. Good trigger and fiber optic sights front and rear. Think it will make a great walking the woods gun in the spring and summer when I am trying to get some work down on my property. Fits in 1911 holsters and should carry easily. Beware armadillos and such critters.
Kel Tec PMR 30 -01.jpg Kel Tec PMR30-02.jpg Kel Tec PMR30-03.jpg

Third year end purchase is this Sig 229 LE trade in chambered in .40. I wanted another Sig in .357 but could not find one. Saw this pistol at great price and decide I would pick it up and get a new barrel in .357 Sig. Will still have a little less $$ in it than the other trade in 229's I had found. Pistol seems to be in really good shape. Some armorer who know what he was doing apparently did some trigger work. Single action is just under 4# and I guess the double at about 9. Got to get a barrel and out to the range.
Sig 229-01.jpg Sig 229-02.jpg

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
There is a guy on our local board who's opinion I respect that loves that keltec! Nice score on both. I have been seeing some great prices on the sig in .40 on cdnn. Tempting but I have revolvervon the brain right now so I have resisted. Have fun !

·
Registered
14,481 Posts
Have thought about a PMR30 and have seen a few used ones at a decent price over the past couple years, and I like the 22 WMR round. The only real use I would have for one is just for plinking and even the cheap Winchester durapoint cartridges are nearly $10 per 50. I can shoot 9mm or 38 special for less especially since I reload. Doesn't mean I wont stumble into one some day though

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Isn't the serial # and caliber designation right below the rear sight distracting? I think it would be for me, just saying. But then, I have no love for KelTec as a whole.

·
Registered
27,091 Posts
Congrats on adding to your collection. Enjoy and let us know how they function for you.:)

·
Banned
917 Posts
For the PMR-30, you can put an accu-wedge between the mag and mag release, if you are going to carry it holstered.

Want a softer grip ? Find some 2.25 inch inner-tube, and cut a piece the length of the grip.
Slide it right on. Brings felt recoil close to zero.

·
Super Moderator
34,436 Posts
Fine pair of new pistols to bring in the new year!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts