Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 66 has some scratches in it and the stainless looks a bit "old". I heard you can you 4000 grit sandpaper and get the scratches out and mothers car wax to give it a shine. Anyone heard of these or anyone done this. ALL INFO WILL BE ACCEPTED.

thanks

.357 mag

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice. I don't know if I'm going to do it. I want to but I don't want to mess up the gun.

here is the gun now.

I want to get rid of the scratches and polish a bit. Not mirror, just a little shine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I will practice on one one my pocket knifes first, I don't care how I looks. If it looks good. I think I will move to the gun.

Thanks to all for the info. I will post knife first to see how I did.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I got some mothers mag polish today. My gun does look better. I think I will pick up some gray scotch pads and start buffing it out. Here is what I have so far.

before

after with mag polish. This is about 30 min. worth.

Anymore suggestions befroe the morning I will take

thanks
.357 mag

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
500 Magnum Nut said:
The more you rub it the better it looks! Just keep a clean tee shirt on the gun.
Pop the cylinder off and twist it in your hands to remove the turn line... :D

Your right. I'm doing a polish job every night ( this will be the four time) until I get it where I want it. I think its going to be great when I done. I will post a picture when I'm finished.

thanks again

.357 mag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.