Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I polish my boots weekly. At least the ones I wore the past week. Before I put them on in the morning the get brushed to remove dust a give a little shine to the polish. Twice a year, I waterproof the soles and replace heel taps. The weekly polishing keeps them looking nice but also gives me a chance to inspect them for damage and wear. The boots I got this Christmas got waterproofed and polished before they ever were worn.

Herself now asks that I polish her shoes so they look nice. No problem.

Kevin

·
Registered
19,639 Posts
I only polish my Chuka Boots once in a while, when they need it. I usually wear hiking shoes, that are lightweight and similar to a sneaker. They are worn most of the time.....they are really comforable all day long! My winter high hiking boots have so much waterproofing on them....they weigh a pound more!!!! Bob

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Polished boots my whole life in Law Enforcement. Inspection line ups . Now retired . !! I don't know where my polish is !! Oh Well Yah ! Retirement LOL

Oh I keep my wife bare foot so i don't have to polish hers !! LMAO

·
Registered
444 Posts
Polishing boots and shoes is my rainy day project. I can just about make it through two consecutive rainy days but a third one has me breaking out the polish, brushes and buffing rags. I have also been known to condition leather jackets. The one my wife couldn't believe was when I emptied my shirt closet, ironed every one of them and then put them all back. I can't handle sitting around for too long.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I always used a lighter to flame the Kiwi can, applied wet with a cotton ball, then buff with an old sock. Then polish with women’s panty hose.
My boots sparkled like the proverbial shiny dime in a pile of goat stuff. ��

·
Registered
12,992 Posts
I'd say that polishing your knob would be more rewarding.:D

Reactions: bearcat6

·
Premium Member
17,042 Posts
I think the kind of shining expected in the military made the boots look good for a relatively short time. the buildup did mine no good. I polish them maybe once or twice a year and apply armor all on them periodically to keep them flexible. My newest pair of shoes is 5 years old, the oldest are over 35 years old, a pair of knockoff jungle boots I use for yard work.

Reactions: Fandango1949

·
Registered
20,991 Posts
Haven't polished boots (Boondockers/dress shoes) since being in the navy. Occasionally do polish the dress shoes for work though, must look professional. Other than that I only polish and clean my guns.;)

Reactions: Fandango1949

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Polished boots my whole life in Law Enforcement. Inspection line ups . Now retired . !! I don't know where my polish is !! Oh Well Yah ! Retirement LOL

Oh I keep my wife bare foot so i don't have to polish hers !! LMAO
I would have a hard time polishing my Betula sandals

Reactions: bearcat6

·
Super Moderator
19,324 Posts
I try to polish my work boots at least once a month. I work in a tire/service shop, and they never stay black the way they should. I'm also inspecting them for damage or wear.
My dress boots I keep polished at all times.

Reactions: Leo918

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
1,650 Posts
I am retired. If my shoes need cleaned, I put them in the laundry basket.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting to me how many folks wear non polishable shoes and boots. When I was a LEO, one of my “tells” about a person was the condition of their footwear. Clean and neat got them points in the plus column.

I guess I had better not mention cleaning and redying my belts.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
6C6BECCC-38A6-4CF0-8AD9-7B34DDBA6618.jpeg
Not polished.... “seasoned” I do keep a pair of laced black boots for fancy occasion. They’re about 5 years old and look brand new. I don’t get out much :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts