Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing had a real rough finish when I got it a year ago and it still does, but I worked it over with some Flitz and believe I've made some improvement. It still has considerable holster wear as it was a C.A.I. import and it was obviously carried a lot. I can live with the wear as I intend to carry and shoot it. I do apologize for the stocks, it came with some real beaters and I don't want to put the only nice diamonds I have for a Square-Butt J-frame on it, so I opted for these CDNN specials I had and actually the gun feels good. I'll be keeping my eye out for a quality set of fingered stocks at the next show.

·
Registered
19,775 Posts
A very good carry gun, but rubber would be better than those fugly grips! :roll: :lol: Bob

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Nice Gun BC!

I've always thought that the 3" 36-1 makes the best "Kit Gun".... these are so much of an improvment over the basic 2" Chief's Special that I can't understand why they weren't more popular. The sights and heavy barrel alone make it far better carry gun without sacrificing portablity....

I've seen them plated with SSK Metalife and it is very tasteful, subdued and near corrosion proof..... http://www.sskindustries.com/index.htm

Drew

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob K said:
A very good carry gun, but rubber would be better than those fugly grips! :roll: :lol: Bob
Bob, OUCH!!! Actually, thanks, it prompted me to send for a set of Hogue Pau Ferro striped grips! They should be here in about a week and I'll repost how they look. My wife got to pick them out, she's got a great eye for good looking things....except me of course! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, Onenut58, I forgot to say, it might look a bit like a K-frame, but you'd know immediately that it isn't when you run it through double action triggering, VERY stiff. Another question for you is the 58 in Onenut58, your year of birth? If so, we share more than an interest in fine revolvers!

·
Registered
10,918 Posts
Fine looking revolver even with those grips. Improving the looks of a revolver with goodyears is a bit of a stretch though.
As far as the '58 year of birth, Oh you kids :mrgreen:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts