Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Point shooting

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Mister Dave 
I wouldn't recommend head shots when you're point shooting. It's a smaller target, and it would be easier to miss. This opens up the possablility of hitting an unintended person, far in the background. I always go for center of mass. It's a bigger target!

Of course, you're only shooting at a target......not an actual person. But, you practice for...... shooting an actual person. Bob
Of course you shoot for center of mass in real life. I'm shooting targets at the indoor range. Because of my height at 5-7 yards I'd be shooting at the floor going for center mass (a big no-no). I save that part of the target for my 5'3" wife.

Point shooting + full or partial mag dumps (depends on the gun) = my favorite drill (until the ammo supply dried up).

5 and 7 yards. I go for head shots on a B-27E target.
Did some more just today. Wifey too. Last target up was a B-27E and we did some fast point shooting. I put a lot of rounds in that silhouette's head, oh yeah I did. :D

I can have a moving target at the indoor range, but it can only move toward me or away from me.

Not sure how the RSO would react to that and I'm not going to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.