Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm a newbee who has a web site on Point Shooting and self defense. On it there are lots of free articles, stats and studies on CQB.

FYI: The NRA endorses the use of Point Shooting in CQ self defense situations, and the Force Science Research Center has just released info on a new study on CQB.

Here are links to the articles. To come right back here after reading either one, just use you go back button or X it.

Best regards,

http://www.pointshooting.com/nrab.htm

http://www.pointshooting.com/fsstudy.htm

I have made tests with several S&W pistols. S&W MP9, S&W 40, S&W59, and S&W 5906. I don't shoot often and usually use a different rental each time at the range to keep me in the category of a sometimes shooter. My results are usually about the same.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
5shot,
Glad you're here, and a big welcome to you!
Your background will be a big help to all members, and we appreciate your posting the links.
Don
welcome01

·
Registered
10,921 Posts
Intresting reading 5shot
I'll let it soak in for a day and reread them kfjdrfirii
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
429 Posts
Welcome 5shot!

I believe that for CQ defense you must point shot. I have practiced this with M&P 40c and the first time I used 2 hands, slightly hunched down, feet spead apart, elbows tight to side...rapid fire all 10 rounds in target kill zone at 21'. I was amazed. Next I tried the same with one hand, rapid fire and shots were on target but started low and rose up but all on.

I freaked out that I actually still had the thing in my hand. It was really lots of fun.

These new guns are designed for natural pointing.

Thanks for the post and again welcome.

Dave

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
5shot welcome01 ,
Does this mean I get to learn something new? Cool,

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Hi 5shot,