Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting pretty much Springtime around these parts...you know that time of year, when a young boys mind turns to Fancy... ;)

giz

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
I love the little .36 revolvers! I had one of those and a Pocket Navy too a while back. Someone wanted 'em worse than I did and traded me out of 'em.

I never shot the Pocket Police, but I did shoot the Navy and the crude sights weren't very far off at 15 yds. Much beyond 25yds, an opponent was fairly safe with me at the trigger

I bought one of the .36 cal.cartridge-making kits from Dixie Gun Works and handloaded my own nitrated paper cartridges for my Pocket Navy and the Full-size '51 Navy too. I spent a lot of time fiddling with loading the things, but that allowed me to shoot more at the range, and kept me from getting frustrated during the timed heats at the public shooting range.

xtm

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping that LordSlashcat will post a Cartridge version of this in a .45 Colt....I know he has one in his collection. It's also an open top gun and very similiar in size to the Navy frame. If I recall they were only made for a little more then a year. Very interesting gun as it is not a cartridge conversion....

giz

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine's a Uberti-made clone that looks identical to Giz's. I just love that little thing. I actually carried it for a while as a second piece. They're a hoot to shoot.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Glad to see you got a 36 Giz. They are fun to shoot. The Remington clone 36 is a bit heavy for caliber/load, but it shoots about like an N frame with 38 wadcutters
Fun guns! but mine was never as accurate as it's 44 big brother

1 - 5 of 5 Posts