Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most pocket pistols are small semi-automatic pistols, not all, some prefer small revolvers such as the S&W J-frame for pocket carry.

Here are a few I picked up along the way, some which I did carry. Be interested in seeing and heaing about what you may carry - pictures appreciated.

From top and clockwise: (1) S&W 638+P (2) Kahr-40 cal. (3) Baby Browning (4) Astra Cub (5) AMC 380 Backup.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm in Triplelock! Here's my pocket pistols....

Ruger LCR (verrrry lightweight with a great trigger pull):

S&W Model 40-1 (a Classic in more ways than one):

Colt 1908 Vest Pocket .25 (the original pocket gun):

Dillinger's favorite pocket gun (okay, this is a .32 and was was killed carrying a .380):

Walther PPK .380, a bit heavy but okay in deep pocketed jeans:

Walther PPS 9mm, truly flat and light enough for pocket carry:

The big bore pocket gun, Kahr PM45:

My current 24/7 pocket carry gun, the Ruger LCP with Crimson Trace laser:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
If you're not careful, the slide on this little sapsucker will cut two bloody grooves into the fleshy web between the thumb and forefinger! Still, it's a nice goin'-to-the-opera carry piece. Experts "B & M" about the ineffective .25acp - but you just have to look at it as a nice .25 caliber ice pick!

BTW, that S&B ammo pictured above runs flawlessly in this autopistol.

xtm

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
For a pocket pistol this one has spent a bunch of time in my pocket over the years since I bought it around 1966. It was a new 22 Magnum to replace my well used 22 LR model.

High Standard DM101 22 Magnum double derringer. A 22 Magnum at hand sure beats a .45 at home.

Reactions: Derick

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mm6mm6, a most impressive display of pocket pistols, not to mention your excellent photography. Your 32 Colt is a real beauty.

xtimberman: Your Baby Browning puts mine to shame. I never had a jam with mine, BUT -
my pal goughed his hand just as you mentioned which did cause a jam for him.

Jimg11: Jim, I'd think your flat High Standard 22 mag wouldn't print in your pocket, so it
should have concealed well. Do you know if there was a wallet carry for it with a cut-out for
the trigger? I seem to remember that, I know there was one for the AMT 380 Back-Up.

Hank

·
Registered
10,417 Posts
Nothing special or expensive, but it's the smallest thing I've got besides my stable of J-frames.

AMT Backup in .22LR

Reactions: Derick

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Oops, I forgot one. Speaking of AMT BackUps! This is an early .380 version:

Thanks for the kind words Triplelock!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mm6mm6: You have am impressive array of pocket pistols, but the one you forgot, the original 380 Back-Up, was a big surprise to me.

I guess we can agree it is what may be termed an economy pocket pistol when stacked up against a Walther PPK, the new Ruger offerings and in particular your engraved 1903 Colt, 32 auto. What surprised me is - it was entirely reliable with every hollowpoint I fed it. Not so my PPKs, or my Colt Mustang 380.

The other thing was the barrel was welded to the frame giving it inherrant accuracy, although the sights were pretty dismal.

I just wondered what kind of results you had with yours.

Hank

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think I got one, not sure of the number, will have to check. Was handed down by my father close to 30 years ago. He bought it in a gas station in Georgia for $29 around 1960.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
My turn. It's my PA-63. In the photo I have it in a small holster but, I can slide it into my hip pocket of my jeans behind my wallet and it doesn't print, and is comfortable to carry. with the Alloy frame it's light. same size as a Walther PP. AAMOF, it's an improvement on the Walther. Bonus is, it's 9x18MAK, not a .25 or a .32. I keep it loaded with 70 grain PowRball. It's equal to a 38+P load energy-wise. 1265fps.

G

·
0 Posts
This was a gun that a friend carried...he wrote me once to say how it gave him comfort when he carried it in in his pockets when in Saigon. It's been inside the Tunnels at Cu Chi and elsewhere. Only time it was ever fired in country was an accidental discharge. Took out a friend of his stereo in a hootch at a firebase :mrgreen:

Anyrate, every so often I carry it...it's got a lot of history with it's first owner and somehow he and I managed to connect after I bought it. It's been there and back, been in some tight spots...and I expect that it'd know what to do if the time came...on it's own. Some guns take on a life of their own.....

·
Premium Member
2,542 Posts
We've only got one pocket pistol. They never appealed to me, but my wife saw this one and thought it was "pretty" so we got it for her.

Colt Pocket Positive in 32 New Police (or 32 S&W long). Made in 1912, it locks up as tight as the day it was made. The finish is a little worn, and one of the MOP grips has a little piece broken at the bottom, but it looks better than this picture would indicate. The flash washed out the bluing a bit. According to the story we were told it's spent the last thirty years in a safe deposit box. We're shot it a few times but mostly it's a just a nice one to have. It's the oldest gun we've got by far.

I slip it in my pocket from time to time when I'm going someplace I don't want to carry a gun.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Looks like I need to repost my pocket guns. By the way I like that Pocket Positive!!
60-4 and 640ND

Walthers, Colts, Browning's.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
One of my little Model 36 Smith's I have carried over the years

My current, the little Walther Model 8 in .25 ACP

1 - 20 of 62 Posts