Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice small carry guns:

The 3" 60-15 is exceptionally accurate - one of the few J-frames I can actually shoot SA. The target is 158gr. .38 SWC out of the 640-3. Say what you like about the magnum J-frames - I like 'em. The little 442 is the only nickle gun I own, or probably ever will. The G-26, is, well, a typical Glock. Boring, IOW.

I've been pocket carrying the 640-3 a lot these days. I'm getting old, or lazy, or both, but it seems to suit me better than fussier guns do.

David

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
Shorty, don't know which one inflicted those target wounds, but if it were me, I'd keep it close!

·
Registered
239 Posts
The G26 may be boring and without charm, but though I own more than a few Smiths (but less than a whole bunch), I also own a G26, and if my goal were to get across town alive in a time of civil unrest, I'd take the Glock over any of the revolvers. (If I were taking two, the second would be my Model 65-5LS.)

·
Registered
109 Posts
I picked up this '64 era Model 36 no dash "flat latch" about a year and a half ago.

When I took it out, here's the very first five rounds fired through her (148 grain wadcutters) at ten yards, standing/unsupported at a 1" black square.

Wow . . . it is definitely a keeper! It also likes 158 gn. LSWC-HP just about as well too!

T.

·
Registered
10,608 Posts
Tom that's a sweet looking little operator there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts