Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a small unexpected windfall in the mail Tuesday, so, that evening, I took a portion of it and ordered some accessories for a reloading press. The box was on my doorstep the next day before noon. Admittedly, I only live about 100 miles from their warehouse, but it's still pretty impressive to have an order delivered in less that 18 hours. UPS didn't do too bad either.

Hector

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I order more often than I should from Midway (can't resist some of their sales) and I have never had a bad experience with the order or the shipping (but I do try to wait for the no cost shipping times when I can).

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Midway has a great marketing scheme: 1] Free shipping at regular prices or 2] Expensive shipping on sale priced inventory. About 0nce-a-Month the bullet gods will smile on you with sale prices and free shipping. The order coming this week was sale priced but had $14 shipping. No deal for me, waited 2 days and got the "free shipping on $49 order" , and it was Bingo. Saved $15 on bullets and $14 on shipping.

EDIT: 10-18-20: Neighbor came over seeking stuff. Went back to MidwayUSA, Yahooo! Bullets on sale and / Free shipping. My box will be free to me, and neighbor saves , money because of my smart shopping. His price is still less than retail & shipping, and he has bullets on hand, not the "empty shelf" reality.

EDIT: 10-21-20: As promised by UPS tracking numbers, TWO shipments of bullets were delivered to my front door buy UPS @ 11:45 AM, way before the 8:00 PM dead line.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Midway is great the problem is shipping UPS the order is lost when transferred to USPS , two finally showed up month later one was never found

·
Registered
523 Posts
I like MidwayUSA and really appreciate their birthday offer. I save up a list for that, and it's a double bounus if I can time it with a free shipping offer like I did earlier this year!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I like MidwayUSA and really appreciate their birthday offer. I save up a list for that, and it's a double bounus if I can time it with a free shipping offer like I did earlier this year!
I have only received a birthday offer from Midway once back in 2015, but I took advantage of it and ordered RCBS Powder Measure with stand, Lee Ultimate 4-Die Set for .308, a Lee Classic Breech Lock Single Stage press, a bunch of miscellaneous items and saved over $150 because of the birthday discount. I’ve never seen the birthday discount since. Are some of you guys getting the birthday discount every year?

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
Wingspar, check your MidwayUSA buyer profile -- is your birthday listed?. I get the birthday offer every year.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wingspar, check your MidwayUSA buyer profile -- is your birthday listed?. I get the birthday offer every year.
Yes, my birthday is in my profile. No other way for them to find out my birthday. Only received the birthday offer once in 2015. Wonder if those notifications are going out to cyberspace or into some spam folder at my ISP that I have no access to?

·
Registered
8,612 Posts
Been a satisfied Midway customer since back in the 1990s, especially reloading components. I can remember getting those 3660pc Winchester bulk bullet boxes. Damn heavy! There weren't as many players as there are today... just a flyer and yer phone... no online. But times have changed and I can almost find anything elsewhere online at a lower delivered price. Endless choices. Midway has changed a lot over time. They've morphed into more of a general sporting goods store selling everything from bicycles to emergency food.

As far as shipping gripes... that's mostly the responsibility of buyers selecting the least expensive slowest option then whining when USPS screws it up on the last leg for delivery. That said, I pick the cheapest shipping method but with the expectation that it'll arrive when it arrives.

·
Registered
20,043 Posts
If USPS is incapable of delivering AV ballots on time (and then screwing with the post marks to make then appear on time) then don't expect them to deliver on time even though only the last leg is their responsibility (sure post). Should be renamed 'unsure post'..... :p

Rain, shine, snow or sleet, the mail must go through... What BS. USPS, the national joke.

·
Registered
21,916 Posts
Get Birthday offer every year. Sometimes use it and sometimes not but always get it. They are great in that usually have name products in stock and shipment is same day if early enough.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts