Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23,460 Posts
Shipped 1910-17. Shipping date means when it was completed & shipped from the factory since frames were made in batches then retooling took place to make other size frames. Sometimes frames sat on the shelf for years, it's almost impossible to tell the exact sale date of older guns. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your help, but the figure does not seem possible. I probably made a mistake in the description of the revolver, it is a top break, SW indicates production from 1884 to 1909. According to the BATF these revolvers historical (pre 1899) to serial number 209301, approximate the normal curve with projecting production that is based on the years 1888 until 1889, but it is only calculation, I need more precise data....

·
Registered
23,460 Posts
1883-1909. Sorry, I was thinking of the .32 Hand ejector series instead of the top break. Serial #'s often start over for newer models.

Reactions: Jan

·
Premium Member
20,705 Posts
Jan, we answered this question in the other thread you posted in. Your gun shipped in the mid to late 1890's. It was not made before March 1890.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.